Sweet Potato Gnocchi
|2 lb • Sweet potatoes|
|2/3 cup • Ricotta cheese • whole milk|
|1 1/4 cup • Flour • AP|
|1/4 tsp • Black pepper • freshly ground|
|1 1/2 tsp • Salt|
1. Pierce the sweet potato with a fork.
2. Bake the sweet potatoes until tender and fully cooked, between 40 to 55 minutes depending on size.
3. Cool slightly.
4. Cut in half and scoop the flesh into a large bowl.
5. Mash the sweet potatoes and transfer to a large measuring cup to make sure the sweet potatoes measure about 2 cups.
6. Transfer the mashed sweet potatoes back to the large bowl.
7.Add the ricotta cheese, salt, cinnamon, and pepper and blend until well mixed.
8.Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time until a soft dough forms.
9. Lightly flour a work surface and place the dough in a ball on the work surface.
10. Divide the dough into 6 equal balls.
11. Roll out each ball into a 1-inch wide rope.
12. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces.
13. Roll the gnocchi over the tines of a fork.
14. Transfer the formed gnocchi to a large baking sheet.
15. Continue with the remaining gnocchi.
16. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
17. Add the gnocchi in 3 batches and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 6 minutes.
18. Drain the gnocchi using a slotted spoon onto a baking sheet.
19. Tent with foil to keep warm and continue with the remaining gnocchi.
Sign In to post a comment.