Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
|2 lb • Brussels sprouts • split with core removed|
|2 gal • Salted Water|
|2 lb • Ice • (ice bath)|
|1 lb • Slab bacon • Cut into 1" cubes|
|1 each • Onion - medium • medium dice|
|salt and pepper to taste|
1. Blanch and shock the brussels sprouts in salted, rapidly boiling water.
2. Place the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Slowly cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until crispy on all sides.
4. Carefully remove the bacon & excess bacon grease (leave enough to sauté the onion).
5. Add the diced onion and sauté in the bacon grease until translucent.
6. Add the blanched brussels sprouts and sauté over medium high heat until slightly browned.
7. Add the bacon back to the pan.
8. Stir all ingredients together well and adjust seasoning
Sign In to post a comment.