Chilled Corn Soup
7 fl oz
|4 each • Corn cob • Roasted|
|2 cups • Corn Stock|
|1 each • Bay leaf|
|1 pinch • Thyme - dried|
|1 each • Onion • Diced|
|1 each • Jalapeño • seeded, diced|
|1 tbsp • Butter|
|1/2 cup • Half and half|
|1/2 cup • Sour cream|
|Salt & pepper to taste|
|4 oz • Shrimp- U 31-35 • Sautéed, chopped|
|1 tbsp • Tarragon • Chopped|
1. Remove the kernels from the roasted corn cobs and reserve.
2. Scrape the milk out of the cobs into a small saucepan. Cut the cobs into pieces and place into pan. Cover with water and add a bay leaf and a pinch of thyme. Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes.
3. In a medium sauce pot, sauté the onion and jalapeno in the butter.
4. Once vegetables are tender, add the corn. Strain the corn stock into the pan and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Transfer soup to a blender and purée. With motor running, carefully add the sour cream and half & half.
6. Season to taste. Chill rapidly.
7. Serve in chilled cups garnished with shrimp and tarragon.
$5.15 per batch
$1.29 per serving
$7.49 selling price
Sign In to post a comment.