Carrot Whipped Potatoes
|8 lb • Potatoes • peeled Yukon Gold|
|2 lb • Carrots|
|1 qt • Milk • more or less as needed!|
|1/2 lb • Butter - unsalted • cubed, chilled|
|• Salt • as needed|
1. Cut the potatoes into an even 2 inch dice to ensure uniform cooking. Peel and cut the carrots into a 1 inch dice.
2. Place the potatoes and carrots in a large sauce pot and cover with salted water, just barely.
3. Cook the potatoes gently until fork tender.
4. Drain the potatoes.
5. Place the cooked potatoes on a sheet tray and place them into a 400F oven.
6. Meanwhile, gently heat the milk to a simmer.
7. Allow the potatoes and carrots to dry out in the oven until the steam dissipates.
8. Pass the potatoes and carrots through a ricer or food mill into a large mixing bowl.
9. Incorporate the hot milk into the potatoes using a rubber spatula.
10. Whisk in the chilled butter.
11. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
12. Hold for service, tightly covered.
Sign In to post a comment.