Roasted Salmon with Potato-Swiss Chard Cake by CHEF CESARE LANFRANCONI
|4 each • Salmon • 6-7 oz fillets, skin off|
|• salt, pepper|
|3 tbsp • olive oil or canola oil|
1. Season the salmon.
2. In a large non stick pan over medium-high heat add the oil.
3. Carefully place the salmon fillets face down in the pan and allow to cook for 2.5 minutes before turning over medium heat. The salmon should be easy to flip and you want an even brown color on the cooked side.
4. Finish cooking the salmon in the pan or remove the pan from the heat and finish cooking in a 400F oven when you are ready to serve.
|1 lb • red bliss potatoes|
|1/2 bunch • chopped scallions|
|1 clove • garlic • chopped|
|1 each • onion • small, chopped|
|3 cups • water • or as needed|
|3 tbsp • Parmesan cheese - grated • heated|
|4 oz • butter • chilled|
|1 each • egg|
|1 cup • swiss chard • chopped|
|salt & pepper to taste|
|• butter for cooking cakes|
For the potato cake:
1. In a large sauté pan, sweat down the onions & garlic with half the butter until soft,
2. Add the Swiss chards & let cook for 5 minutes until everything is welted & well mixed. Set aside.
3. Wash the potato & simmer it in salted boiling water until ‘fork tender’.
4. Drain and place in a large mixing bowl
5. Add the chopped Swiss chard ‘mix’, scallions, parmesan cheese and remaining melted butter
6. Mash the potato until well mixed.
7. Mold the potato onto a half sheet-baking tray over parchment paper.
8. Sprinkle the potato cake with a bit of grated parmesan cheese, place a small dollop of butter to top & bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
|1/2 head • Cauliflower • broken into florets|
|vegetable stock as needed|
|2 tbsp • butter|
|salt & pepper to taste|
For the Cauliflower Puree:
1. Roast the cauliflower until tender.
2. Carefully puree in a blender with the vegetable stock and butter until a sauce like consistency is reached.
3. Season to taste.
|1/4 cup • pine nuts • roasted|
|1 cup • White wine|
|1 cup • heavy cream|
|1 each • Shallots • sliced|
|1 each • Bay leaf|
|5 each • Peppercorns|
|3 tbsp • lemon juice • fresh|
|1/2 cup • capers • rinsed and drained|
For the Lemon Caper Pine Nut Butter:
1. Combine the wine, cream, shallots, bay leaf, and peppercorns in a heavy bottomed sauce pan over high heat.
2. Allow mixture to reduce to about 1/4 cup.
3. Quickly add the butter one cube at a time while whisking.
4. Fold in the lemon juice, pine nuts, and capers.
5. Season to taste.
Sign In to post a comment.