|8 cups • Flour|
|8 tbsp • Sugar|
|4 tbsp • Salt|
|8 tbsp • Baking Powder|
|1 lb • Butter • diced|
|1 qt • Buttermilk|
|1 cup • Butter - melted|
|1/2 cup • Sugar in the raw|
1. Sift together the dry ingredients.
2. With your hands or a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
3. In a large mixing bowl, create a well in the center of the flour/butter mixture.
4. Pour in the buttermilk.
5. Mix gently until dough forms.
6. Using a rolling pin on a floured work surface, roll out the dough folding a total of 5 times.
7. Using the largest ring mold to cut into biscuits. Utilize all dough by re-rolling after first pass, being careful not to overwork the dough.
8. Place the biscuits on a split as you go in even rows with the biscuits nearly touching each other.
9. Brush each biscuit with butter and sprinkle with the raw sugar.
10. Bake at 450F for 7-9 minutes.
|8 pt • Strawberries • stemmed, quartered|
|1 qt • water|
|1.5 qt • sugar|
|• Whipped cream • for service|
|• powdered sugar • for service|
|• Mint leaves • for service|
1. Combine the water and the sugar in a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat.
2. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 10 minutes to form a thick syrup.
3. Allow syrup to cool slightly, then pour over the strawberries
4. At pickup: slice the cake in half; in a chilled bowl, place a small amount of whipped cream; top with the bottom half of the biscuit; add more whipped cream; pour a generous amount of strawberries & syrup over the cake; add a little more whipped cream and then the top half of the biscuit; add one last dollop of cream, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and top with a mint leaf.
Sign In to post a comment.