Executive Steward, Assistant Executive Steward or Supervisor
To achieve company goals, food and beverage goals, stewarding goals, employee satisfaction and a clean, sanitized cafeteria.
- Associate team
- Management team
- The local community
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of employee satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Achievement of departmental goals
|Areas of Responsibility|
- Work with the company team to create the company experience for guests.
- Create an environment for guests designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities and experiences.
- Follow up with guests with additional services that enhance the guests’ experience.
- Handle guest requests personally and/or take responsibility for referral.
- Demonstrates the company values when providing service and teamwork.
- Check work area for proper equipment and sanitation.
- Check and refill all dispensers (soap, napkins, paper cups, paper towels, etc.).
- Keep storage area clean and organized.
- Keep work area clean (floors, walls, ceilings, shelves and equipment).
- Sweep, mop and clean garbage when needed. Use “wet floor” sign.
- Clean and set up coffee station, juice machines, microwave, fridge or any other machine.
- Check buffet carts for cleanliness and make sure all equipment works properly.
- Before, between and after meal periods, make sure to keep a clean environment.
- Report unusual situations to supervisor (leaks, broken items, etc.).
- Always check with supervisor before leaving the premises.
- Double-check schedule for the next day.
- Make no private phone calls during work periods without permission from supervisor.
- Do not operate any machine without following safety procedures.
- When moving and lifting equipment, do it the right way only. Ask for help when needed.
- Always leave a clean area for the next person.
- Meet health and sanitation code requirements at all times. Wash glassware, chinaware, silverware and hollowware and store it only on assigned racks, always on doilies.
- Never use front-of-the-house linen for any cleaning job. Use only designated rags.
- Clean all spills as they happen, and post “wet floor” sign to prevent accidents.
- Always return brooms and mops to a designated area called “mop station.”
- All attendants are responsible for safe working conditions. Potentially unsafe situations or environments must be corrected or shown to the manager immediately.
- All attendants must be properly dressed per guidelines before reporting to work. Specific dress requirements for working in public areas must be met at all times.
- Wipe down all counters and surfaces (shelves, tops, bottoms, posts, etc.).
- All attendants must assist the kitchen crew if needed or requested.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough, meeting the highest standards.
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the internal/external customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Drive for results: Work to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance in order to meet or exceed objectives.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt to current practices to perform a task better, faster or more efficiently.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Develop self and others: Continually work to develop own capabilities and the capabilities of others.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skills assessment, objective setting and communication.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Performance management, supervisory: Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with and motivate employees to sustained high performance and quality levels.
- Planning: Skillfully determine whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way of completing the task and preparing to overcome expected difficulties.
- Good stewarding knowledge is required.
- All stewards will have only one classification, as a utility steward.
Hotel Cafeteria Server.doc