Asst. Banquet Manager or Banquet Manager
To create the company experience for guests by providing food and beverage service to customers in a banquet venue
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Cleanliness of restaurant outlets
|Areas of Responsibility|
- Deliver the company experience for guests
- Work with the venue team to create the company experience for guests
- Create an environment for the guests designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities and experiences
- Follow up with guests with additional services that enhance the guests’ experience
- Handle guest requests personally and/or refer as appropriate
- Demonstrate the company values through service and teamwork
- Create luxury for all the senses by serving guests at the restaurants in accordance with company standards
- Ensure proper set-up of tables in assigned section
- Inspect linen, silver, china, and other items prior to using them
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of menu; market specials and suggest alternatives to guests
- Take and fill customer orders
- Check food prior to serving; ensure presentation and temperature is in accordance with company standards
- Coordinate service with other servers
- Serve food and beverages to guests, refills beverages as needed
- Respond to customer requests and complaints
- Clean banquet area during and after events, if so assigned
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the (internal/external) customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough, meeting the highest standards.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt current practices to perform a task better, faster or more efficiently.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Develop self and others: Continually work to develop own capabilities and the capabilities of others.
- Drive for results: Work to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance to meet or exceed objectives.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Planning: Skillfully determine whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way of completing the task, and preparing to overcome expected difficulties.
Hotel banquet server.doc