To achieve catering revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by overseeing the preparation of the menu and managing the operation of the kitchen
- Management team
- Local community
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Achievement of food and beverage revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals
- Achievement of employee satisfaction and retention goals
- Achievement of the hotel’s financial goals
|Areas of Responsibility|
- Participate in the development and implementation of business strategies for the catering area that are aligned with hotel’s overall mission, vision, values and strategies
- Participate in the development of the kitchen’s business strategies
- Implement strategies for the kitchen that support achievement of the catering department’s goals
- Monitor status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate
- Create an environment for employees that is aligned with the company culture through constant communication and reinforcement
- Deliver the company experience for guests and employees
- Communicate and reinforce the service vision for the hotel to employees
- Create an environment at the hotel designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities and experiences provided by employees
- Ensure that the hotel delivers the company experience by reviewing hotel operations from the customer’s perspective as well as from a business perspective
- Keep current on pulse of the guests, constantly seeking opportunities to follow up on their experience
- Provide employees with the tools and environment they need to deliver the company experience
- Develop and implement strategies and practices that support employee engagement
- Create luxury for the senses by managing the food preparation for a fine restaurant catering experience
- Work with executive chef to develop the catering menu
- Ensure adherence to hotel standards of food quality
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food
- Supervise the daily set-up for the menu; anticipates business volume and stocks work areas accordingly
- Ensure that unused food is stored properly in order to minimize waste and maximize quality
- Recruit and selects staff
- Develop and implement training plan for employees that includes culinary skills, customer service skills and kitchen safety
- Ensure that proper sanitation practices are followed
- Schedule staff based upon forecasted volumes
- Analyze business volume and product usage daily
- Anticipate business volume by consulting with catering director and banquet manager daily to coordinate service
- Manage inventory of food for assigned outlet; provides executive chef with recommended stocking levels and purchasing requisitions
- Prepare reports summarizing catering profitability, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Keep current with local competition; continually seek ways to improve skills and culinary and management expertise
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the (internal/external) customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Apply professional, product or technical expertise: Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional or product expertise to real world situations.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate, work is thorough and to the highest standards.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt current practices to perform a task better, faster or more efficiently.
- Think creatively: Develop innovative approaches and imaginative solutions that meet real needs.
- Build strong relationships: Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact to provide mutual benefit.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
- Drive for results: Work to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance to meet or exceed objectives.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Performance management, supervisory: Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skills assessment, objective setting and communication.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Planning: Skillfully determine whether tasks should be attempted, identify the most effective way to complete the task and prepare to overcome expected difficulties.
- One to two years experience in cooking and managing a culinary team in a luxury food and beverage operation.
- Degree from internationally recognized culinary institution preferred.
Hotel Banquet Chef.doc