Food & Beverage Director or Director of Catering
To achieve hotel and food and beverage revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by overseeing restaurant and lounge operations
- Associate team
- Management team
- The local community
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Achievement of revenue and profit goals for assigned outlets
- Achievement of employee satisfaction (Gallup) and retention goals
- Achievement of the hotel’s financial goals
|Areas of Responsibility|
- To develop and implement business strategies for Food and Beverage operations aligned with the company’s overall mission, vision values and strategies.
- Participate in the development of the hotel’s business strategies.
- Develop and implement strategies for the assigned food and beverage outlets that support achievement of the hotel’s goals.
- Monitor status regularly and adjust strategies as appropriate.
- Develop the annual budget in conjunction with the Controller and General Manager.
- Create an environment for employees aligned with the company culture through constant communication and reinforcement.
- Deliver the company experience for guests and employees.
- Communicate and reinforce the service vision for the hotel to supervisors and employees.
- Create an environment at the hotel designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities and experiences provided by employees.
- Ensure that the hotel delivers the company experience by reviewing hotel operations from the customer’s perspective as well as from a business perspective.
- Recruit and select the employees needed to provide the company experience.
- Keep current on pulse of the guests, constantly seeking opportunities to follow-up on their experience.
- Provide employees with the tools and environment they need to deliver the company experience.
- Develop and implement strategies and practices that support employee engagement.
- Create the company experience for guests in the assigned food and beverage outlets.
- Coordinate the set-up of restaurants and lounge areas in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Confirm daily specials and new menu additions with the Executive Chef.
- Manage the food and beverage service provided in each outlet; coach employees on effective service techniques.
- Inspect restaurants and lounge areas on an ongoing basis and takes appropriate steps to ensure facilities meet or exceed company standards at all times
- Respond to customer concerns in accordance with the company experience.
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve revenue and profit goal.
- Assist in the development of the marketing plan for the outlet by keeping current on competitors on a regular basis.
- Increase sales by coaching employees on effective sales techniques.
- Maximize productivity by using forecasting techniques to adjust scheduling.
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the internal/external customer and meet the needs of both the customer and company.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Take responsibility: Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough, meeting the highest standards.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt to current practices to perform a task better, faster or more efficiently.
- Build strong relationships: Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers, and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
- Develop self and others: Continually work to develop own capabilities and the capabilities of others.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
- Think critically: Take a well-ordered, logical approach to: identifying business, market, or cross-functional issues; analyzing problems; organizing work and planning action.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Performance management, supervisory: Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- Knowledge of budgeting process: Demonstrate knowledge of and skill in creating and maintaining within the departmental budget.
- Planning: Skillfully determine whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way to complete the task, and preparing to overcome expected difficulties.
- Sales skills: Understand the features, functions and positioning of his/her product or service and is capable of closing business with customers by helping them recognize the value the company brings to the enterprise.
- Two years’ experience in luxury hotel in beverage operations.
Hotel Restaurant Manager.doc