Executive Chef and outlet chefs
To create the company experience by preparing the menu items and ingredients
- Food and beverage team
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Quality of food product
|Areas of Responsibility|
- Deliver the company experience for guests.
- Work with the hotel team to create the company experience for guests.
- Create an environment for the guests designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities and experiences.
- Follow up with guests with additional services that enhance the guests’ experience.
- Handle guest requests personally and/or refer as appropriate.
- Demonstrate hotel values when providing service and teamwork.
- Prepare and properly garnish all food orders in accordance with menu specifications.
- Prepare sauces, soups, breads, desserts and pastry items in accordance with menu.
- Present food using proper plate presentation techniques in a timely manner.
- Coordinate completion of menu items with server.
- Set up for meal periods by ensuring that stations are set up based upon anticipated volumes in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to hotel standards for safe food handling and storage.
- Keep equipment clean and in proper operating condition.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas and stock coolers and storage areas.
- Complete food requisitions to maintain inventory items.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough, meeting the highest standards.
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the internal/external customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Drive for results: Work to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance in order to meet or exceed objectives.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt to current practices to perform a task better, faster or more efficiently.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Develop self and others: Continually work to develop own capabilities and the capabilities of others.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- The ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- The ability to operate all kitchen equipment safely and properly in the kitchen.
- The ability to utilize the computer system to read all orders.
- The ability to prepare and present on a timely basis all foods for meal service.
- The ability to respect and accommodate servers request regarding guests’ personal preferences and requests.
- The ability to handle all types of food and rotate it according to established procedure.
- The ability to work closely with standard recipes and plate presentation in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- The ability to complete requisitions, obtain proper signatures, submit, pick up, transport, and store all items.
- The ability to work standing for up to ten hours in a kitchen environment.
- The ability to clean all work and storage areas.
- The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- The ability to report and handle any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work flexible hours as hotel business changes.
- The ability to cook a wide variety of foods in all modern and classical cooking techniques.
- Standing /walking
- Forward bend, squatting, reaching forward to retrieve items from cabinets.
- Repetitive forward and lateral bend neck motions.
- Lifting through height of 6” to 5 ‘ (squatting or forward bend) from dolly to refrigerated or regular shelves.
- The ability to lift weights up to 50 lbs.
- Carrying boxes, bags or containers a distance of 50 yards, including up and down stairs.
- High school diploma or vocational certification.
- A degree from a respectable culinary arts program.
- Two years’ experience in a fine dining establishment or luxury hotel with over 200 rooms.
- Please Note: The hotel reserves the right to add, delete, change or modify the job duties included in this job description at its discretion with notice.
Hotel Pastry Cook.doc