Kitchen Production Manager
Oversee the food production process in accordance with company standards and procedures. Oversee and supervise culinary staff during production.
- Minimum three years’ prior experience as a sous chef in a banquet department, catering venue, country club or equivalent.
- Prior supervisory experience in a kitchen or culinary department.
- Full knowledge of methods, procedures and quality standards relating to company menus as well as basic kitchen procedures and terminology.
- Ability to utilize company policies to successfully uphold quality and consistency in all menu items prepared and served.
- New York City Department of Health Sanitation certificate.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate and communicate the quality mission of the company to all associates.
- Ability to communicate work-related information to coworkers and supervisors.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time with limited breaks.
- Ability to push, pull, lift or carry up to 50 lbs. Ability to push, pull, lift or carry up to 1,000 lbs. with the aid of a rolling cart made available by the company.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some who may require extreme levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures in the kitchen working environment, ranging from 0 to 120 degrees.
- Ability to visually inspect, taste and smell product to ensure freshness and quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, clients and vendors if necessary.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business levels.
|Essential Job Functions|
- Hire, coach, counsel and conduct performance evaluations of staff. (Managers only.)
- Develop, train and mentor staff and act as a resource to them. (Managers only.)
- Open production kitchen and complete a general overview of day’s production.
- Designate production teams and team leaders.
- Determine priorities of production staff.
- Supervise production staff to insure efficiency, quality, cleanliness, organization and proficiency.
- Lead a team during production.
- Ensure quality of food produced by all team members while adhering to specified time limits.
- Work with purchasing manager to assess arrival of orders and future product needs. Communicate with purchasing manager regarding pace of production staff to prevent missed orders and over ordering.
- Create daily production sheets, reschedule sheets, party check-off sheets and recovery sheets.
- Maintain inventory of production equipment, and communicate any concerns or needs.
- Supervise proper storage and cleanliness of walk-in boxes.
- Insure proper sanitation guidelines are maintained.
- Communicate orally and in writing with chef and back of house (BOH) team pertaining to outcome or special nuances of each food item and execution of events. This communication is to include performance of all individuals involved, quality and quantity of food prepared, and facility and equipment.
- Participate in any meetings, including weekly kitchen and any others companywide.
- Any other assignments as designated by executive chef or executive sous chef.
- Travel, as necessary, to different properties/venues.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
- Follow the sign-in and sign-out procedure for keys.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety procedures.
- Always practice company culture.
- Protect assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with guests and associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and associate handbook.
- Always remember we are in a partnership with our guests, fellow associates and owners to provide quality service and profitability.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company standards, which may be revised by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
|Kitchen Production Manager.doc|