To provide sanitary small wares, dishes, service ware and utensils for all operations of the foodservice department, and to provide a sanitary environment in which these items may be stored.
- Hotel owners
- Hotel management team
- The local community
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Achievement of food and beverage revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals
- Achievement of employee satisfaction and retention goals
- Achievement of the hotel’s financial goals
|Areas of Responsibility|
- Support the luxury dining experience by maintaining supplies for food and beverage service.
- Maintain par levels of stock; complete requisition for additional supplies as appropriate.
- Provide all convention services: set-up for tables, chairs, buffets, etc.
- Participate in the operation of the Stewarding Department.
- Provide polished silver service ware for all functions.
- Participate in cleaning of the conference center rooms and halls.
- Help to keep the conference floor set up correctly to receive guests at any time.
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the internal/external customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Drive for results: Work to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance in order to meet or exceed objectives.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt to current practices to perform a task better, faster or more efficiently.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough, meeting the highest standards.
- Build strong relationships: Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skill assessment, objective setting and communication.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Performance management, supervisory: Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with and motivate employees to sustained high performance and quality levels.
- Planning: Skillfully determine whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way of completing the task, and preparing how to overcome unexpected difficulties.
- One to two years’ management experience in kitchen operations.