Executive chef, executive sous chef, production chef
Production sous chef, working with the executive sous chef and the production chef, has primary responsibility for overseeing and supervising production of food for the company. Works closely with executive chef to promote the company’s culture, mission and philosophy. Must act as a team leader and motivator for kitchen staff, thus strong interpersonal skills and being a clear communicator are essential. Responsible for supervising, training, evaluating, coaching and counseling production team associates to comply with company standards.
- Prior food production supervisory/management experience.
- Culinary degree and/or training preferred.
- Excellent volume cooking skills, presentation skills and palette.
- Experience in quality-oriented catering or banquet facility.
- Strong leadership and management skills working with a variety of associates of different skill levels and varied backgrounds.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, and the kitchen computer production system.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and good listening skills.
- Ability to handle many tasks at once and effectiveness in a fast-paced work environment.
- Thoroughness, attention to details, and excellent organizational skills.
- Good decision-making and ability to proactively make changes as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, clients and vendors if necessary.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business levels.
|Essential Job Functions|
- Assist in hiring, development, training and mentoring of staff and act as a resource to them.
- Coach, counsel and assist in conducting performance evaluations of production team.
- Recommend or conduct disciplinary action, including termination, of production team when necessary according to company standards.
- Assist in developing training and trailing programs for production team.
- Monitor staffing levels to minimize cost and increase productivity. Recommend staffing needs according to business levels.
- Make daily changes in event numbers and menus.
- Compose daily rescheduling list and reassign work to the following day’s production list according to team’s capabilities.
- Change weekly event board in kitchen.
- Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Assist in party check-off and recovery.
- Schedule all production teams for daily assignments in the absence of the production manager.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
- Follow the sign-in and sign-out procedure for keys.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety procedures.
- Always practice company culture.
- Protect assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with guests and associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and associate handbook.
- Always remember we are in a partnership with our guests, fellow associates and owners to provide quality service and profitability.
- Regular attendance in conformance with company standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
|Production Sous Chef.doc|