Executive chef, assistant executive sous chef, sous chef, crew leader II
Responsible for preparing any and all foods necessary for events and overseeing execution of events. Must be hands on leader and oversee the cooks who are reporting to him/her in their preparations. Must work closely with the executive chef and other sous chefs in monitoring quality and consistency among the cooks. Responsible for one or all of the following duties:
A. Leading the execution of a portion of an event, either on their own or with culinary personal help for events exceeding 110 guests or more, with consistent success.
B. Leading a simple production team on a consistent basis. A simple production team for this purpose is the assembly team, the bake-off team, vegetable team, check off team or pack team.
C. Assisting the production sous chef with such tasks as tracking team sheets or reschedule sheets, overseeing two or more teams or leading one team daily.
- Two or more years of prior culinary lead position experience in quality and/or high volume establishment.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Food handler’s certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent knife skills.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Complete knowledge of proper culinary methods, techniques and standards.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to use various kitchen equipment.
- Ability to identify and differentiate food items.
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures within kitchen working environment, ranging from 0 to 100 degrees.
- Ability to visually inspect, taste and smell product to ensure freshness and quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, clients and vendors if necessary.
- Ability to work flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels.
|Essential Job Functions|
- Follow proper food handling and sanitation procedures and monitor other cooks and culinary staff for compliance.
- Independently lead a prep team and complete production list meeting company standards.
- Oversee productions for day’s events in absence of sous chef.
- Work with sous chefs on day’s events including preparation of items to be served during party, while maintaining sanitation and quality standards.
- Lead party team without supervision in executing specific components of events, including leading cocktails, running a station, plating a course and being a second to sous chef for dinner portion of events.
- Independently set up and participate in plate-out at events.
- Uphold quality and consistency in all menu items prepared and served.
- Assist with breakdown of leftover items and cleaning of kitchen at end of the event.
- Assist in training of culinary staff.
- Participate in inventory production of frozen items.
- Assist in period-end inventories on an as-needed basis.
- Assist sous chefs during production for upcoming events.
- Supervise staff and delegate job tasks during production and events.
- Provide sous chef with feedback from event to be included in party reports.
- Assist in café production in absence of café cooks and/or crew leaders.
- Complete incident/accident reports in absence of sous chef.
- Travel, as necessary, to different properties/venues.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Follow proper timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Follow sign-in and sign-out procedure for keys.
- Know and follow all emergency and safety procedures.
- Always practice company culture.
- Protect assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with guests and associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and associate handbook.
- Always remember we are in a partnership with our guests, fellow associates and owners to provide quality service and profitability.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company standards, which may be revised by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
|Crew Leader 1.doc|