To provide sanitary small wares, dishes, service ware and utensils for all operations of the foodservice department, and to provide a sanitary environment in which these items may be stored.
- Hotel owners
- Hotel management team
- The local community
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Achievement of food and beverage revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals
- Achievement of employee satisfaction and retention goals
- Achievement of the hotel’s financial goals
|Areas of Responsibility|
- Support the luxury dining experience by maintaining supplies for food and beverage service.
- Maintain par levels of stock; complete requisition for additional supplies as appropriate.
- Provide a supply of clean dishware, glassware and pans; take corrective action to maintain supply level.
- Participate in the operation of the stewarding department.
- Check the proper operation of the dish machine/cleaning equipment daily.
- Keep food and beverage areas clean.
- Participate in the cleaning of floors, work surfaces, etc.
- Ensure that all work surfaces are clean and sanitized regularly.
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the internal/external customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Drive for results: Work to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance in order to meet or exceed objectives.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt to current practices to perform a task better, faster or more efficiently.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough, meeting the highest standards.
- Build strong relationships: Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skill assessment, objective setting and communication.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Performance management, supervisory: Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- Planning: Skilled in determining whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way to complete the task, and preparing to overcome expected difficulties.
- One to two years’ management experience in kitchen operations.