Food & Beverage Services
To achieve revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by overseeing and managing each department within the hotel.
- Management Team
- The local community
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Achievement of revenues, profit and customer satisfaction goals
- Achievement of hotel’s financial goals
|Areas of Responsibility|
- Execute walk-through of the entire F&B facility to insure the following are in order:
- Areas with contracted maintenance
- All back-of-the house (BOH) facilities, storerooms, locker rooms, fire halls, stairways, restrooms, etc.
- Staff appearance
- All front-of-the-house (FOH) areas, dining rooms, coat rooms, restrooms, bar, guest reception
- Visit hotel general manager and front office staff to receive any concerns
- Visit cafeteria at lunch and dinner peak times
- Kitchen, main and banquets
- FF&E condition
- The manager should also visit each of the following people:
- Executive chef
- Sous chef(s)
- Pastry chef
- Catering sales director
- Banquet manager
- Restaurant manager (this person is also the MOD when DO is not available)
- Bar manager
- Daily financials and operational paperwork;
- Check HSI reports
- Check financial dailies, generated by the controller
- Check BEO’s
- Check forecast and occupancy
- Attend hotel staff meeting
- Hold weekly F&B meeting
- Create assignments for all department heads, and follow up
- Review payroll to assure budgeting and forecasting are on par
- Review hotel billing
- Monitor vacation accruals, policy and procedures
- Meet with catering sales on future events, concerns and promotions
- Plan for business recruitments
- Plan for future improvements
- Forecast for next month by the 15th of the previous month
- Review P&L with department heads
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the internal/exernal customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Apply professional, product or technical expertise: Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional, or product expertise to real world situations.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough, meeting the highest standards.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt current practices to perform a task better, faster and more efficiently.
- Think creatively: Develop innovative approaches and imaginative solutions that meet real needs.
- Build strong relationships: Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
- Drive for results: Work to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance in order to meet or exceed objectives.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skills assessments, objective setting and communication.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Performance management, supervisory: Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- Planning: Skillfully determine whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way to complete the task, and preparing to overcome expected difficulties.
Hotel Director of Operations.doc