Food & Beverage Purchasing Manager
To achieve food and beverage revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by maintaining a clean, sanitized kitchen and managing the stewarding area.
- Associate team
- Management team
- The local community
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Achievement of food and beverage revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals
- Achievement of employee satisfaction and retention goals
- Achievement of the hotel’s financial goals
|Areas of Responsibility|
- Develop and implement strategies for purchasing area aligned with the company’s food and beverage objectives.
- Create an environment for employees aligned with the company culture through constant communication and reinforcement.
- Develop and implement strategies for attracting and retaining employees.
- Deliver the company experience for guests and employees.
- Communicate and reinforce the service vision for the hotel to supervisors and employees.
- Create an environment at the hotel designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities and experiences provided by employees.
- Ensure that the hotel delivers the company experience by reviewing hotel operations from the customer’s perspective as well as from a business perspective.
- Keep current on pulse of the guests, constantly seeking opportunities to follow up on their experience.
- Provide employees with the tools and environment they need to deliver the company experience.
- Develop and implement strategies and practices that support employee engagement.
- Support the luxury dining experience by maintaining supplies for food and beverage service.
- Maintain par levels of stock; complete requisition for additional supplies as appropriate.
- Maintain and research pricing for all purchased goods.
- Maintain all records needed for accounting.
- Maintain all specifications and update them in conjunction with the chef on a constant basis.
- Insure that all goods required to run the F&B department are available when necessary.
- Schedule employees based upon forecasted volumes.
- Manage the operation of the purchasing department; train employees on proper goods receiving and storage methods.
- Check the proper operation of the dish machine/cleaning equipment daily.
- Keep purchasing and storage areas clean and organized as per the chef’s standards.
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the internal/external customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Drive for results: Work to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance in order to meet or exceed objectives.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt to current practices to perform a task better, faster or more efficiently.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough, meeting the highest standards.
- Build strong relationships: Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skills assessment, objective setting and communication.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Performance management, supervisory: Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with and motivate employees to sustained high performance and quality levels.
- Planning: Skilled in determining whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way to complete the task, and preparing to overcome expected difficulties.
- Three to four years’ management experience in hotel purchasing operations.
- High school diploma.
Hotel Purchasing Agent.doc