Hotel Assistant Restaurant Or Lounge Manager
To achieve hotel and food and beverage revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by supervising the restaurant and lounge operations during assigned shifts
- Associate team
- Management team
- Local community
|Indicators of Success|
- Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals
- Achievement of revenue and profit goals for assigned outlets
- Achievement of employee satisfaction and retention goals
- Achievement of the hotel’s financial goals
|Areas of Responsibility|
- Develop and implement business strategies for restaurant and lounge operations that are aligned with our overall mission, vision values and strategies
- Participate in the development of the outlet’s business strategies
- Implement strategies for the assigned food and beverage outlets that support achievement of the hotel’s goals
- Create an environment for employees that is aligned with the company culture through constant communication and reinforcement
- Deliver the company experience for guests and employees
- Communicate and reinforce the service vision for the hotel to employees
- Create an environment at the hotel designed to stimulate all senses through personal services, amenities and experiences provided by employees
- Ensure that the hotel delivers the company experience by reviewing hotel operations from the customer’s perspective as well as from a business perspective
- Recruit and select employees needed to provide the company experience
- Keep current on the pulse of guests, constantly seeking opportunities to follow up on their experience
- Provide employees with the tools and environment they need to deliver the company experience
- Develop and implement strategies and practices that support employee engagement
- Create the company experience for guests in the assigned food and beverage outlets
- Coordinate the set-up of restaurants and lounge areas in accordance with company standards
- Confirm daily specials and new menu additions with the executive chef
- Supervise the food and beverage service provided in each outlet; coach employees on effective service techniques
- Inspect the restaurant and/or lounge areas on an ongoing basis and take appropriate steps to ensure facilities meet or exceed company standards at all times
- Respond to customer concerns
- Work to achieve revenue and profit goal
- Assist in the implementation of the sales and marketing plan for the outlet by keeping current on competitors on a regular basis
- Increase sales by coaching employees on effective sales techniques
- Maximize productivity by using forecasting techniques to adjust scheduling
- Focus on the customer: Seek to understand the internal/external customer and meet the needs of both the customer and company.
- Foster teamwork: Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain the needs of both the customer and the company.
- Take responsibility: Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
- Attend to detail: Ensure that data is accurate and work is thorough, meeting the highest standards.
- Improve continuously: Constantly assess and adapt current practices to perform a task better, faster or more efficiently.
- Build strong relationships: Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers, and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
- Develop self and others: Continually work to develop own capabilities and the capabilities of others.
- Share information: Provide information so that coworkers, customers and suppliers understand and can take action.
|Key Skills and Requirements|
- Performance management, supervisory: Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- Planning: Skillfully determine whether tasks should be attempted, identify the most effective way to complete the task, and prepare to overcome expected difficulties.
Hotel Assistant Restaurant Manager.doc