Spicy Quick Pickles with Pearl Onions
|20 each cucumbers • pickling|
|2 cup pearl onions • peeled|
|1.5 qt water|
|1.5 qt vinegar, white|
|.5 cup salt|
|.5 cup sugar|
| chili peppers • thai, red, split half|
|1 cup pickling spice|
|2 tbsp chili flakes|
1. Combine the water, vinegar, sugar, salt, chili flakes, and pickling spice. Bring to a simmer.
2. Pour the liquid/spice mixture over the cucumbers, onions, and chili peppers.
3. Allow the mixture to cool below 70F within two hours.
4. Slice the pickles on a bias and return to the liquid.
5. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
Sign In to post a comment.