Endive, Apple, And Tangerine Salad with Honey Pecans
|3 each • Belgian endive|
|2 each • Frisee|
|2 each • Tangerines|
|2 each • Apples, granny smith|
|• lemon juice/water • as needed|
|1 cup • Honey Pecans • recipe below|
|1/2 cup • Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette|
|• salt & pepper|
1. Wash the endive and frisee. Dry them off and remove the core.
2. Chop endive into large ribbons and chop frisee lightly.
3. Peel and core apples. Use a melon baller to cut out spheres or cut into a large dice. Hold apples in water/lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
4. Peel tangerines and dicide into sections.
5. Toss all ingredients together with the vinaigrette and salt/black pepper to taste.
6. Arrange salad attractively on 4 chilled salad plates.
|1 cups • Pecan Halves/Pieces|
|2 tbsp • Honey|
|1/4 tsp • cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp • salt|
|1/4 tsp • cayenne pepper|
1. Toss all ingredients together well and heat in a non stick pan over low heat until a nutty aroma is reached. Be careful not to burn.
2. Allow pecans to cool to room temperature.
Sign In to post a comment.