Roasted Duck Breast with Sweet Potato Gnocchi by CHEF PETER RUSSO
|4 each • Duck breast halves - skin on • 7-8 oz|
|1 qt • Water|
|1 qt • Orange Juice|
|5 each • Bay Leaves|
|10 each • Peppercorns|
|1 cup • Sugar|
|1 cup • Salt|
|2 tbsp • Olive Oil|
1. Score the skin side of the duck breasts with a sharp knife in a criss-cross pattern.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients except the olive oil and marinate the duck covered overnight.
3. Rinse the duck breasts and pat dry.
4. In a non stick sauce pan over low heat, add the oil.
5. Season the duck breasts with salt and pepper and place the duck breasts skin side down in the pan.
6. Allow the duck to cook for approximately 30 minutes over the low heat, browning the skin and rendering most of the duck fat.
7. Remove the duck fat from the pan (you can save for later use)
8. Flip the duck breasts and roast in a 400F oven until cooked to desired temperature. We recommend medium rare.
|1 cup • White wine|
|1 cup • heavy cream|
|1 each • shallots • sliced|
|1 each • bay leaves|
|5 each • peppercorn|
|1/4 lb • butter, unsalted • chilled, cubed|
|2 tbsp • maple syrup|
|1 pinch • salt|
For the Maple Butter Sauce:
1. Combine the wine, cream, shallots, bay leaf, and peppercorns in a heavy bottomed sauce pan over high heat.
2. Allow mixture to reduce to about 1/4 cup.
3. Quickly add the butter one cube at a time while whisking.
4. Remove from heat add the maple syrup and a pinch of salt
5. Strain the sauce and hold covered until needed. DO NOT HOLD OVER 100F.
Sign In to post a comment.