Shrimp & Grits Sauce
|5 lb shrimp shells|
|3 each onion • chopped|
|24 oz tomato paste|
|4 each plum tomatoes • chopped|
|2 cup fennel • fresh, chopped|
|2 cup red peppers • chopped|
|6 each bay leaves|
|15 leaf basil|
|2 cup sherry|
|3 cups rice|
|1/2 gal mirepoix|
|2.5 gal water|
|10 each garlic cloves|
| salt and pepper • to taste|
1. Roast shrimp shells on a sheet pan at 350F for 20-30 minutes.
2. Transfer shells and remaining ingredients to a large stock pot.
3. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for one hour.
4. Crush solids with immersion blender.
5.Blend in vita prep in small batches.
6. Strain through a fine chinois.
7. Adjust seasoning and hokd for service or chill rapidly.
Sign In to post a comment.