French Lentil Soup with Pepper Bacon by Chef Jerome Sharpe
|1 lb Lentils, French|
|2 qt Vegetable stock • more as needed|
|2 cups Onions • chopped|
|1 cups Celery • chopped|
|0.50 cups Garlic • chopped|
|0.25 cup Carrots • chopped|
|1 each Bouquet garni • peppercorn, thyme, bay|
|salt & pepper to taste|
1. Sauté all of the vegetables lightly then add the lentils, stock, and bouquet garni.
2.Simmer all ingredients together until lentils are tender, about 45 minutes.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Remove the bouquet garni.
5. Puree the soup in a vita prep adjusting the consistency and the seasoning as you go.
6. Hold for service or chill rapidly.
7. Serve with pepper bacon pieces, lemon-thyme creme fraiche, garlic confit, and lentil relish (recipe below).
|1 cup cooked frenched lentils|
|0.25 cup red onion • brunoise|
|1/8 cup carrot • brunoise|
|1/8 cup celery • brunoise|
|0.25 tbsp thyme • chopped|
|0.25 tbsp olive oil|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|0.25 cup black pepper bacon • brunoise|
1. Lightly sauté the vegetables in the olive oil
2. Add the lentils, bacon, thyme, and seasoning
3. Remove from heat and hold cold for service.
|0.50 cup Sour cream|
|0.50 tbsp Fresh thyme • chopped|
|0.50 tbsp Lemon Juice|
Combine all ingredients well with a whisk
Sign In to post a comment.